Do I Have a Drug Problem? - If You're Asking, You Probably Do
Making the determination that you have an alcohol or drug problem is not something that anyone is comfortable doing. For starters, most people will simply not accept that they may have a drug or alcohol problem. It’s just not something that we allow ourselves to believe. While others may have a drug addiction or suffer from alcoholism, when we look inward at ourselves, we usually don’t associate ourselves with addiction.
If an individual uses drugs or alcohol, more common than not when asked about it, they will normally claim that it’s something they can control or that they can "stop whenever they feel like it." But, if you can be realistic for a moment, ask yourself the following questions to see if you can recognize the signs of alcohol or drug problems in yourself.
Recognizing a Drug or Alcohol Problem -- Questions to Ask Yourself
- Do I drink more than I intend to every time I drink alcohol?
- Does my drug or alcohol use affect my work or school performance?
- Have I neglected my obligations as a result of alcohol or drug use?
- Have I been in trouble with the law or in legal dilemmas more frequently lately?
- Have I gotten into trouble as a direct result of my drinking or using?
- Do thoughts of drugs or alcohol consume my day?
- Do drugs or alcohol take precedence over things that were previously important to me?
- Have my relationships suffered as a result of drugs or alcohol?
- Has my financial standing been negatively affected by my drug or alcohol use?
- Have I suffered a health complication that is related to my drug or alcohol use?
If you answered yes to even just one of these questions, then you probably already know that you have an alcohol or drug problem.
Help for Overcoming Alcohol and Drug Problems
OK, so now that you have faced the fact that you are suffering from an alcohol or drug problem, what can you do about it? In order to recover from your drug or alcohol problem, you’re going to have to make some significant changes in your life, and it all starts with admission into a quality drug or alcohol rehab.
If you need help in determining the best course of action for your treatment needs, just give a call at 877-794-0381. One of our counselors will provide you with a free, confidential assessment which will help us determine your exact treatment needs. We’re available to help you 24/7, so why not pick up the phone and call now? Accept your drug problem and then, accept the help you need to fix it. Call now 877-794-0381!