Hydrocodone is a powerful narcotic painkiller that is highly habit forming, easy to procure, easy to store and hide and very dangerous. If you or someone you love needs hydrocodone detox and recovery treatment, please call our national drug abuse helpline today at . The call is confidential, toll-free and we have experienced counselors standing by 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist you. Detox from hydrocodone today and live a healthier life from this moment on – call now!
The Importance of Quality Hydrocodone Detox Programs
The statistics relating to hydrocodone use in the United States are staggering. And with 5 mg of hydrocodone providing the pain-reducing equivalent of 30 mg of codeine, the strength of the drug has made it a popular treatment for mild to moderate pain. This tremendous amount of use and the drug’s addictive properties have caused an increased demand for quality hydrocodone detox programs.
Some of the statistics regarding hydrocodone use in the United States include:
- Hydrocodone use has skyrocketed by more than 400 percent in the past six years.
- More than 20 tons of hydrocodone products are used annually in the U.S.
- The sale of hydrocodone exceeds the highest amount of codeine sales on an annual basis.
- According to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, hydrocodone was the most widely prescribed opiate medication in 2006 with annual prescriptions of more than 130 million.
Detox from Hydrocodone Before It’s Too Late
Legally, hydrocodone is only available by prescription. However, illegal trade of the drug has expanded rapidly, resulting in hydrocodone becoming an easily procured recreational drug. Even still, it should be made clear that it’s possible to become addicted to hydrocodone even through prescribed usage. Addiction to this dangerous opiate and the need for hydrocodone detox is characterized by the following withdrawal symptoms that develop whenever the individual stops taking the drug:
- An insatiable craving for the drug
- A high degree of agitation
- Muscle and bone pain
- Flu-like symptoms
If you are using hydrocodone to treat a medical condition and have become aware of these symptoms, hydrocodone detox should be looked into immediately.
Facts Regarding Detox from Hydrocodone
- Hydrocodone detox is lengthy and should be administered by healthcare professionals.
- Withdrawal from hydrocodone addiction is difficult and often painful, but symptoms can be managed and minimized in a medically-supervised detox center.
- For severe cases, hydrocodone withdrawal can begin within seven to ten hours.
- The severity of the hydrocodone withdrawal symptoms can elevate for 24 to 72 hours before stabilization begins.
- Hydrocodone detox withdrawal usually lasts for ten to fourteen days.
- The most successful hydrocodone detox programs are administered by professionals who are trained in the areas of addiction medicine, withdrawal and pain management.
- Detox medication therapy may be necessary to alleviate the withdrawal symptoms.
While the detox, withdrawal and recovery process is lengthy, the amount of time it takes to become addicted to hydrocodone is not. In many cases, one can become addicted to this medication in anywhere from one to four weeks depending upon the individual and the individual’s medical profile.
Find the Right Hydrocodone Detox Program for You
offers a 24/7 toll-free helpline at . Our expert counselors can help you determine the best course of action for your healthcare needs. The call is confidential and we’ll explain all of your detox and recovery options so you can be admitted into the program designed to offer you the absolute best chance at recovery. But act now; your addiction to hydrocodone will only worsen the longer you wait. Do it today – call now!