Recognizing Alcohol Addiction - The 5 Signs of Alcoholism
Alcohol addiction is a chronic and progressive disease that can attack any age, race, sex or orientation. It is an all-encompassing disease that ruins the life of the sufferer and affects the lives of those around him or her.
While there is no known cure for alcohol addiction, treatment can help the individual learn how to control their urges so they can live a productive life of sobriety. They key is, however, getting the individual to accept that they have a problem with alcohol in the first place and getting them into a rehab that can help them through their addiction.
If you believe that you or a loved one may be suffering from alcohol addiction, it helps to know what you’re looking for when trying to make that determination. Accepting treatment or helping a loved one accept help is easier when you can identify the five signs of alcoholism.
The Signs of Alcohol Addiction
- Loss of Control Over Your Drinking – You only intend to have one drink, but once you start, you are unable to stop.
- You Want to Stop Drinking, But You Can’t – In your mind, you know you have a problem and that you need to cut back or stop drinking but you find yourself unable to do it.
- All Other Activities are Forfeited – Drinking alcohol takes precedence over any and all of the activities you used to enjoy.
- Alcohol Becomes Your Primary Focus – Most of your time is spent drinking, thinking about drinking or recovering from drinking. Alcohol has somehow become the center of your social life.
- You Continue to Drink Regardless of the Consequences – Alcohol addiction ruins marriages, friendships and other relationships. It also causes increased problems at work and with the law. An individual who is suffering from alcohol addiction will continue to drink even though they are fully aware of what it is they’re risking.
Alcohol Addiction Treatment Can Help
If you notice these five signs of alcoholism in yourself or a loved one, it is critical that alcohol addiction treatment be administered right away. If left untreated, alcohol addiction can be fatal.
Call 877-794-0381 today to speak with a counselor at , one of the leading alcohol addiction treatment centers in the United States. We have programs that can help you recover from the challenges of alcohol addiction safely and effectively. Your call is toll-free and your consultation is completely confidential. We’re available to help 24/7, but why wait? Call now and start living the life you deserve.