Sex Addiction Treatment
Find a Sex Addiction Treatment Center TODAY
If you're suffering from sex addiction, you need a sex addiction treatment program NOW. Your addiction is taking over your life, hurting the people you love as well as yourself. You can feel its power over you, and you know it's time to break this bond, but you don't know how. We are here to help you - call 954-271-5047.
Many people have never thought of sex as an addiction, but for some, sexual addiction is a grave reality. Sexual behavior becomes a problem and is considered compulsive when it is repeated enough to interfere with your daily life and relationships.
If your sexual behavior is compulsive, it may be displayed in a number of ways such as:
- Having multiple sex partners
- Having extramarital affairs
- Having sex with a succession of anonymous partners or prostitutes
- Participating in commercially explicit chat rooms, phone lines or internet
- Engaging in excessive masturbation
- Using pornographic materials frequently or exhibiting behavior associated with pornography addiction
- Exposing oneself in public
- Engaging in sadistic or masochistic sex
- Feeling compelled to participate in sex when stressed or anxious.
Sex is a powerful driving force. Some people become completely preoccupied and obsessed with sex which can lead to dangerous behaviors and life threatening habits acted out through behaviors of sex addiction. Like any source of pleasure, sex can become addictive, in which case, it becomes distorted and is used as a means of escape from the problems of everyday life. Rather than deal with the problem, fantasizing about the next or some past sexual activity leads to a feeling of comfort and encourages you to proceed to turn the fantasy into reality. This is then followed by shame and remorse. You believe the solution to coping with feelings is found in yet another sexual experience. The cycle continues, creating more and more damage to your already chaotic life. It is easy to see the similarities between the cycle of sex addiction, eating disorders, drug addiction and alcoholism.
To take our sex addiction quiz click here.
The consequences of sex addiction if treatment is not found has negative effects on most aspects of your life:
- Health: Sexually transmitted diseases, HIV and AIDS, Hepatitis C, etc.
- Finances: Paying for prostitutes, calling 900 numbers, termination of employment, etc.
- Social Life: Extramarital affairs, divorce, loss of friendships, participation in pornography, etc.
- Legal: Arrests for lewd behavior, hiring prostitutes, etc.
- Emotional: Depression, shame, thoughts of suicide, etc.
In some cases where treatment is not sought, sex addiction ends in suicide.
There is treatment for sex addiction and compulsive sexual behavior. It takes time, commitment and courage. To locate a program
that is able to assist you with sex addiction treatment, call us now at
954-271-5047. To learn
more about sex addiction, please visit: